WordPress is one of the world’s most favored blogging tools. Launched in 2003, this blogging software has been used by millions of people across the world. Its latest version has been downloaded more than 12.5 million times. Let’s find out what exactly wordpress is and why is it so famous among the world’s web community!
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a Php based open source blog tool. Mostly it is customized into a Content Management System. WordPress is the creation of Ryan Boren, Mark Jaquith, Matt Mullenweg, Andrew Ozz, and Peter Westwood. It was launched in the year 2003. This software has won four prestigious awards. WordPress was been awarded the best open source cms for two years, in 2007 and 2009.
What can you do with WordPress?
WordPress can be used for a wide range of purposes like –
- rate a wordpress blog with your website and see how well it works for your business.
- You can use WordPress as a content management system for organizing the content of your website.
- WordPress is quite an effective tool for internet marketing. You can use it for publishing your press releases. Quite a cost effective way to promote your products and services.
- Integrate wordpress with your magento e-commerce store to get the added benefit of value added information for your visitors, and for SEO purposes.
What makes WordPress the favourite blogging tool?
- WordPress is extremely easy to use and customize. It installs within seconds and you are ready to go.
- With WordPress themes you can impart a unique identity to your online business.
- WordPress currently supports an extended version of the Blogger API, MetaWeblog API, and finally the MovableType API.
- WordPress has an excellent theme system which makes designing websites and blogs very easy.
- WordPress fully supports both the Trackback and Pingback standards.
- This software has an impressive and advanced user system which allows upto 10 levels of users.
- The built-in user registration system allows people to register and maintain profiles and leave authenticated comments on a blog.
- Plugins are the lifeline of WordPress. By using them, one can customize this software for individual requirements.
Need a WordPress Consultant?
Then, we at, yWPress would be more than happy to help you. We specialize in WordPress Development, WordPress Customization, WordPress Maintenance, WordPress Upgradation, WordPress Theme Development and WordPress Template Designing.